Labels

Monday, February 10, 2014

Who he is today

I was working on editing a session and Ty was in the playroom. I hear him yell in frustration (nothing new these days) but he quickly stops. I look up from my lap top and there he is standing there with his big blue eyes staring at me. Help he says, and I am shocked. We have been working on this word for the past 2 weeks but he has not yet used it independently. I stand up and follow him into the playroom where he points to a box and says help. The box was stuck behind a race track, so I slid the track over and watched his next move. He then proceeds to pull out the hats and giggle as he puts one one me. I decided in that moment that I did not want to miss this and ran for my camera. I helped him put his vest on and that was all he wanted from me. He is getting so big and I love how I captured who he is today.
He is a toddler. A give it to me, no I don't want it, hold me, eat, play, now kind of boy. He still loves books and has a new obsession with Dora the Explorer. He always has to have bear. When he wakes up from his nap he smiles at me when I come in, and then searches his crib until he finds him. Sometimes monkey gets to come along too, but always bear. Lately he loves wearing hats! He has several that he goes to but it seems everyday he puts one on at some point. The Gervais tongue, where do I even begin. He is just like Daddy and that tongue is always out! If the tongue is in, there is either food in his mouth or his thumb...He is such a cuddle bug and I LOVE when he gives random kisses. He asks for "shows", brings the iPad and says "play", says "side" when he wants to go outside, picks up my phone and says "hello" and slams it down and says "goodbye", and has started distinguishing between juice and milk. Every time he has a bath he escapes after he is dried off for a couple of naked baby laps and giggles uncontrollably until he falls. 

How is he almost 20 months old? 














No comments:

Post a Comment