Labels

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

God is good

God never ceases to amaze me. Tyler needed more testing on his kidney so back to the hospital we went, and this time he needed an IV and a catheter. After holding him down for 30 minutes while he screamed during his last kidney test with a catheter, to say I was dreading this one was an understatement. I cried every time I thought of this test, I cried the night before, the morning of, and before I got out of the car to head into the hospital. As Chris and I were walking up to the hospital I had another one of my many talks with God and asked him to give me strength because my family needed me, and to let me feel his presence with me. Before we walked in I was overcome with this sense of calmness and I knew God was with us. When we were ready for the IV I was prepared to help hold him down and comfort him as best I could. He looked up at me and smiled with those eyes that just shine with love and that is when the needle went in. He just looked up at me like nothing happened. The IV was in and all he wanted to do was chew on it. Next up was the catheter and Dr.Levy told us to request a PICU nurse for this. We lucked out when 2 showed up to help out. I braced myself again, held my little boy and talked to him while they put it in and he just babbled back and forth with me.  The testing was two 30 minute tests and he was so relaxed he fell asleep. The only time he cried was when he was woken up at the end of the testing. As if this was not miraculous enough, the tests revealed that his kidney is functioning at a high enough level that he does not need surgery!
God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment