Labels

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Canvas print

I have been wanting to make my own canvas prints ever since I first saw the idea on pinterest! My first attempt did not go so well since I did not really pay attention to the directions. I made a couple of mistakes and the 1st was when I went shopping for canvas I guessed at the size and I was way off. My 2nd mistake was I printed on computer paper so when I went to glue on top, there was some bleeding of the ink when I tried to put on the top layer of modge podge, and it just looked cheap and I had to peel it off and try again. I wanted something that did not look like I made it. 

After going back to pinterest and reading more carefully that you get a PICTURE ENLARGED which is available at walmart for about $5. 
Then it is as as simple as:
1) Paint the canvas a color of your choice with craft paint or use scrapbook paper and modge podge with MATTE finish on the side.

2) Trim your ENLARGED picture to fit your canvas OR buy a canvas the size of your enlargement...

3) Cover the canvas AND the back of your photo with modge podge.

4) Line up your photo and press it onto your canvas and make sure you get out all of the air bubbles.

**TIP: place a book under your canvas, it makes it easier to get you picture on. Canvas will stretch and it makes it hard to apply even pressure**

5) Add another layer of modge podge over the entire thing and let it dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment